Carrier Contractor - Description
We require carrier-contractors for specific routes to deliver
daily newspapers and other products on a daily basis to homes,
apartments and businesses.
- These are permanent part-time contracts requiring you to
provide service seven days per week for 2.5 to 3 hours per
day. Start times are between 2 am and 3 am each day.
- Carrier contractors pickup their newspapers from a
central site located in the region
- An average route is 150-200 papers per day
- Carrier contractors are paid by the paper or product.
An average route earns approx $800/month.
- Carrier contractors are required to sign a contract for
a specific route or area. They are considered to be
self-employed and all government tax requirements are the
responsibility of the carrier contractor.
- Carrier contractors are required to cover their own
costs, including vehicle, gas, plastic bags, elastic bands,
collection envelopes, etc.
- A reliable vehicle is essential. Access to a 2nd
vehicle, and possible assistance is an asset.
- There is a thirty (30) day notice period required for
termination of your contract.
- Quality standards are high. Carrier contractors
are expected to deliver products by the delivery deadline
without mistakes on a daily basis. There are certain
costs involved if delivery standards are not met.
These contracts are an excellent second income. Most of
our carrier contractors work a full time job or another
part-time position in addition to delivering newspapers.
Contracts become available on a regular basis. Apply
online and if you meet our criteria, we will contact you
within 48 hours. Getting a route contract is sometimes just
a matter of time. We keep an active list of prospects.